This is a family favorite of ours and probably one of the best (and easiest) cake recipes of all time. I mean it, this is the most amazing and rich cake I know how to make. This past weekend I made it for my mother-in-law's birthday (she requests this specific cake every year) so I thought I would take some pictures and share the recipe with all of you! Enjoy! :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix (really any chocolate cake recipe will work)
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping (I dont really measure this, the more the better in my opinion!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- 3-4 Heath candy bars, chopped
- Bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
- While still hot, punch holes in top of cake with a fork.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping over hot cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- When ready to serve (make sure cake is completely cool) and spread whipped topping on top.
- Finish up by sprinkling chopped Heath bars over all the top.