I absolutely love baking. I'm always searching through cookbooks and asking people I know for their favorite recipes. I got this recipe from an old friend and this is by far the best banana bread recipe there is, I promise! I make it at least once a month, usually more often than that. Throughout the month, I throw all of my really ripe bananas into the freezer instead of throwing them out because they make AMAZING banana bread. Sometimes I make it with mini-chocolate chips but most of the time, I make it plain!
The Best Banana Bread Recipe
3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt (only if using unsalted butter)
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (I use GF)
Optional: chocolate chips or nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mix the melted butter into the mashed bananas with a spoon.
3. Then mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
4. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
5. Add the flour last, mix. (if you add chocolate chips or nuts, add them in here)
6. Pour mixture into a 4x8 inch loaf pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
That's it! If you try it out, please let me know what you think! :)