Monday, October 28, 2013

Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe

The weather is starting to get cold again in Michigan so I thought it would be a great time to share one of my go-to cold day meals. This Chicken and Dumplings has that great comfort food taste to it. Its a little thick (think gravy), tastes amazing over egg noodles, and unfortunately, none of this is gluten-free. It can be made in the crockpot but I think it tastes better if you just let it sit in a big pan all day on the stove.*


Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 package refrigerated biscuit dough, cut each one into 4 pieces
1 onion, finely diced (optional)

Directions:
1. Place the chicken, butter, cream of chicken soup, onion, and chicken broth into the pot.
2. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on low/medium.
3. 30 minutes before serving (and the chicken is cooked thoroughly) shred the chicken with two forks and drop the pieces of dough into the pot. 
4. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center (20-30 minutes).

My notes: Serve over warm egg noodles! Yum!
*If you choose to cook this in a crockpot, cook it on low for 4-6 hours (depending on your crockpot).


Just looking at the pictures makes me drool! What is your go-to warm dinner? 

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try my hand at making this. This looks pretty easy, so I'm going to give it a try! Thanks1

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a neat idea. I never thought about putting the dough into the pot. I always roll it out and put it on top but this looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chicken and dumplings, great easy way to have a filling meal, and my kids love it too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)