Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Yoga Songs For Kids - "How to be a Cloud" CD by Kira Willey

Growing up in my house, my mom always had music playing-- it ranged from Elton John to random kid songs. Needless to say, all of her kids grew up to love and appreciate all kinds of music. In my house now, I always try to have music playing for Z-- she just loves to "sing" and dance. The CD I'm excited to tell y'all about today is a yoga-for-kids CD titled How to be a Cloud by Kira Willey.


How to be a Cloud is Kira Willey's third yoga-for-kids album that will be available nationally on November 18, 2014! Kira's one-of-a-kind albums combine upbeat folk/pop tunes with bonus yoga tracks: her fun and easy-to-follow instructions teach self-awareness, improve balance, and build confidence. Your whole family will love these joyful songs, whether you use them for yoga or for dancing around with your family! How to be a Cloud has 13 kid songs and 9 bonus yoga tracks! That's a total of 22 fun, melodic songs.  

We've had this CD for a few days now and Z has requested it at least once every day-- she just cant seem to get enough of the light and sweet songs. Z's favorite song on the album is "Dancing With My Daddy" which is fun rhumba with heartfelt, incredibly sweet lyrics. I knew it would be Z's favorite instantly because she's such a Daddy's girl. My favorite on the album is "Colors (2014 Remix)" which is actually a remix of Kira's 2008 song that was used in a Dell TV commercial! This CD is full of catchy melodies, heartfelt lyrics, and sweet vocals, and we've truly been enjoying it together.


About Kira Willey
Kira Willey is a nationally recognized musician and yoga teacher based in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. She is the creator of Fireflies Musical Yoga for Kids. Her first two CDs (Dance for the Sun and Kings & Queens of the Forest) have won Parents' Choice Awards among others. Her songs include the hits “Colors” (featured in a worldwide Dell advertising campaign in 2008) and “Roller Coaster,” which won the Independent Music Award for Best Children’s Song; both get regular play on SiriusXM Satellite Radio. SiriusXM Satellite Radio’s Kids Place Live channel airs Kira’s “Back Seat Yoga Breaks” series every day. Willey is also the host of a new yoga-for-kids series of interstitial programs airing on selected PBS TV affiliates. In September 2014, she led sessions with hundreds of teachers at the National Kids Yoga Conference in Washington DC.


How to be a Cloud will be available nationally just in time for Christmas on November 18, 2014!

You can connect with Kira on Facebook or check out her website at www.kirawilley.com!

Disclosure of  Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)