Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

Z's newest favorite activity is baking muffins and she has been asking me on a regular basis to bake muffins with her and how can I say no to her sweet little smile? Well, a couple of times now I've found myself with no muffin mix and no recipe to use. So, I've combined the best of a bunch of recipes I've found online and finally tweaked everything to my liking. I use a crumb topping on top of the muffins but they taste amazing without the topping as well. I added the crumb topping recipe below as well if you want to use it!

Muffin (makes about 16)

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup light-brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 package chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease twelve muffin cups or use baking liners.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
4. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
5. Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
6. Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. *This is the time you would add the crumb topping if you choose to.
9. Now bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
10. Leave muffins in tin for 5 minutes to finish cooking before removing to cool on wire rack.

Crumb Topping 

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose sugar
1/4 cup butter, diced

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Mix in butter with a fork or stand mixer just until the topping is crumbly. Top your muffins before baking.

12 comments:

  1. These would make a great portable snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those look so good with the crumb topping! My son loves it when it has that topping on it! I am going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look wonderful! I also am happy to have that crumb topping recipe. That could be used on so many different things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely these look yummy! I love the idea of crumb topping, I never did that before. But Chocolate chips are my favorite in anything.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look amazing! I'm going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look super yummy! This will be the next treat I make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love muffins and I love this recipe! It looks so delicious and like so much fun to make! I will have to make this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son has been asking for me to bake chocolate chip muffins. These look perfect! I know what I'll be making this week! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These would be perfect in the morning with my coffee for on the go, love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look delicious and so easy to make. I can't wait to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so good! Need to make these

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)