Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Borolux Borosilicate Glass Pie Dish Review

This post has been a long time coming because this is actually my second time writing it thanks to a computer glitch. So after many aggravated tears, I finally found the strength to redo the whole thing and here it is!

My first thoughts when I opened the box containing the Borolux Borosilicate Glass Pie Dish was "this is a great looking pie plate" and when I picked it up, I couldn't believe the weight and how sturdy it is. It's thick and much more durable than pie plates you can find in the store and so far I'm really happy with it. I have made an apple pie in it and everything turned out great! The crust and fillings cooked evenly and it was really easy to clean.
This glass pie pan is not only beautiful but good quality as well. This pie pan is made of a nice quality thick durable glass that can be used in the microwave, thrown in the freezer and with the exception of the broiler setting can be used in the oven. This is made of borosilicate glass and having owned other similar glassware products, I know how reliable and sturdy they are. This brand is no different and is a very well made product as I put it in the freezer overnight, microwaved it and put it in the oven with no issues. The pie pan has a nice wide glass rim making it great for making pies and for easy carrying. Since this is made of glass, this is easy to clean either by hand or in the dishwasher. This is made in the USA with a lifetime warranty, so I have no complaints on this dish.
Highest Quality Borosilicate Glass
Every other major brand of glass bakeware is made from soda-lime glass, a much cheaper type of glass to mass-produce that can explode during normal use. Consumer Reports has tested and confirmed that the best type of glass to use for bakeware is borosilicate. Borolux is made from our original and patented shatter-proof borosilicate clear glass formula.

Borolux is made from the same material that laboratory test tubes and beakers are made from. Shatter-proof even at 650ºF, our pie plate is sturdy, durable and is designed to last a lifetime. Makes the perfect gift for weddings, baby showers, birthdays, anniversaries and any other occasion. The interior of the pie pan measures 7.5 x 1.5 inches and holds up to 6 cups. 

Wide Fluted Rim
Just like the beautiful pie plate your grandmother used to have, the fluted edge and wide rim help prevent spills, assist with forming evenly crisp and perfectly browned crust edges and ease handling when placing in and lifting out of the oven. 
Made in the USA and Money Back Guarantee
I am a huge fan of products made in the USA! I love buying from companies like this because its something that I can feel good about as it supports the local and national economy. As an added bonus, when you order a Borolux Glass Pie Dish, you're protected by their no risk, money back guarantee, and world class customer service.
The sizing on this pie dish is a bit off for my recipes (its 9.5 inches) and its really deep too. I could've doubled my apple pie recipe and it would've still fit in this huge family-size dish! I will remember this for my next recipe and it will make an amazing deep dish apple pie!

This pie dish was much better quality than I could've hoped and I cannot wait to bake more yummy things with it! I know the price is a little high but you honestly get what you pay for-- the quality is worth the price. Use this glass pie pan everyday not only for making apple, cherry, pumpkin, sweet potato and lemon meringue pies, but also shepherd's pies, chicken pot pies, casseroles, potatoes, quiches, gratins of all kinds and even for reheating leftovers! Serve elegantly and effortlessly from oven or microwave to tabletop. Its versatility makes it a great addition to any kitchen!

Order your own Borolux Borosilicate Glass Pie Dish on Amazon!

All photos belong to Borolux. Disclosure of  Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)