Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Halloween Stories Collection, Volume 2 (Scholastic Storybook Treasures)

Just in time for Halloween, the nationally acclaimed, multi-award-winning Scholastic Storybook Treasures series presents The Halloween Stories Collection, Volume 2! This 3-DVD set has 14 classic children's storybooks brought to life! Baby Z and I were very excited to pop these DVDs in as we brought out all of our Halloween and Fall decorations and it was the perfect thing to get us pumped up for Halloween!

These DVDs are recommended for children ages 3 and up, and a few of them were too scary for Baby Z right now; please remember that you know your children best and can decide whether you should pre-screen these stories to determine the best age for your child to watch. That being said, there were quite a few that Baby Z could watch and enjoy and she's only 2!

THE HALLOWEEN STORIES COLLECTION, VOLUME 2 (SRP $24.95) includes 14 stories perfect for early and pre-readers on All Hallows Eve. Though filled with skeletons, witches and more seasonal spooks, families can encourage creativity and music appreciation with the classic sing-along Dem Bones, learn about Latin American holidays with The Day of the Dead, and delight in the not so spooky-ooky stories of Teeny-Tiny and the Witch-Woman. The three DVDs in this ready-made library of Halloween tales are:

The Day Of The Dead...And More Halloween Tales - The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything; Kitten's First Full Moon; and Fletcher and the Falling Leaves.

Dem Bones...And More Sing-Along Stories - Dinosaur Bones; Hush Little Baby; The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night; and The Erie Canal.

Teeny-Tiny And The Witch-Woman...And More Spooky Stories - The Boy with Two Shadows; Los Gatos Black on Halloween; What's Under My Bed? and King of the Cats

I was pleasantly surprised at how many of these stories I remember from my childhood. It was not only a great walk down memory lane for me but a great way to share a part of my past with my daughter. Baby Z's favorite one is "Dem Bones" and she has made me watch it on repeat about 100 times already but I love that it's as educational as it is entertaining! I would highly recommend this DVD to anyone looking to add something educational and fun to their Halloween traditions!

Follow New Kideo's Facebook page here for special news and offers!

Buy It!: The Halloween Stories Collection, Volume 2 is available here for only $24.95! Don't forget to buy Volume 1 as well!

Disclosure of  Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

1 comment:

  1. I am a fan of Scholastic books and movies. I remember a few of them when I was younger myself. This one would not be too scary for the younger kids. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)