Sunday, November 16, 2014

From the Creator of Veggietales-- "Why Do We Call It Christmas?" DVD

"Cutting down trees? Hanging stockings? Santa Claus? What do any of these have to do with Jesus' birthday?  More than you'd think! 
Join VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer along with intrepid newsman Buck Denver and all his friends on an amazing journey into the world's most popular holiday! Sure, you know the Christmas story. But do you know the story of Christmas? Don't miss the whimsical, educational, Christmical party to end all Christmas parties as Buck Denver Asks … Why Do We Call It Christmas?" 


Watching Christmas movies is my family's favorite way to get into the holiday spirit and Buck Denver’s “Why Do We Call It Christmas” was the perfect movie for us. This fun-filled DVD teaches you where Christmas got its name and you find out where some of the popular Christmas traditions came from and the meaning behind them.  The Christmas Story is quite well known but join Buck Denver this year to learn the Story Of Christmas.

This cute movie contains the following topics:

-Where do we get the word Christmas?
-When was Jesus born?
-What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?
-Who is St. Nicholas?
-What is Hanukkah?
-Who is Emmanuel?
-Luke 2 Story

Watch the DVD Trailer below!



My family really enjoyed this movie and even I learned things that I didnt know about Christmas! It's 60 minutes long and it held my 3 year old's attention the entire time. I love how it connects all of the "commercial" aspects of Christmas to the real story of Christmas. I know it answered a lot of questions I had as a kid when it came to Christmas. I think this movie would make such a great stocking stuffer for any curious kid (or adult-- I enjoyed it! lol).

Connect with What's In The Bible on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest or check out the website here.

Disclosure of  Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)