Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Capitol Tree at The Henry Ford in Dearborn, MI

We were invited to go see The 2014 Capitol Tree at The Henry Ford Museum! For 50 years, a beautiful tree has traveled across the country to be delivered to the West lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington DC to help celebrate the Christmas Season and the great outdoors. This year, Chippewa National Forest in Minnesota has provided the 88 foot Spruce tree and the tree will make almost 30 stops on the way to the nation's capitol.

We didn't really know what to expect when we got there and we were kinda surprised that they didn't take the tree out of the truck. But it makes sense if you think about it because taking the tree out at every step along the way would surely damage the tree plus you'd have to worry about people pulling on it and trying to break off pieces. We were pretty excited to write our names on banner that was on the side of the truck. It was pretty cool to be a part of such a neat tradition for this country.

You can track the US Capitol Tree or see if it's stopping near you at www.capitolchristmastree.com!





Baby girl and I writing our names!


All of these great pictures were taken by my wonderful husband; he really has become quite the photographer. As a photographer myself (and his adoring wife), I'm super proud of him! 

After looking at the tree, we headed into the warmth of The Henry Ford and checked out the museum! If you are ever in the Detroit area, its a must-see. We absolutely love spending our time there. We will be going back soon to check out Holidays in The Henry Ford Museum and I will definitely post a ton of pictures about that! Find more details about Holidays in The Henry Ford Museum at www.thehenryford.org. I hope to see you there!

Disclosure of  Material Connection: I received tickets to The Henry Ford Museum mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)