Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pregnancy Essentials: The Baby Box Company

There are no words to describe how excited I was to see this wonderful box on my doorstep! The Original Baby Box is seriously one of the coolest ideas for a pregnant mama or new baby I've ever seen. It is way bigger than I was expecting it to be-- it is even big enough for my 3 year old to climb into (as photographed below)! Now before I jump into why I love the Baby Box Company so much, a little background on what a baby box is...

Photo from www.babyboxco.com.
In a tradition that dates back to the 1930s, Finland's expectant mothers have been given a box by the state. It's basically a really clever starter kit of clothes, sheets, and toys stored in a box that can even be used as a bed because it has a mattress at the bottom. The baby box is designed to give all children in Finland, no matter what background they're from, an equal start in life.

This clever idea is now available in the United States through The Baby Box Company! The huge box (70 cm x 43 cm x 27 cm) is designed with the company's current collection pattern. Our box is covered with adorable mama and baby giraffes, so cute and really chic.


"The Baby Box Co.’s mission is to give expectant mothers throughout the world the very best start for their babies, enabling them to reduce stress and feel confident that they are well prepared (or, as well prepared as one can possibly be) for this new and exciting chapter in their life. For every Baby Box that is purchased, a portion of the proceeds goes towards helping a new mother who is struggling to make ends meet. It’s a priority for us to know that our company is providing shoppers with the best baby products available while simultaneously making a positive difference for moms living in poverty." 


The first thing I noticed about the items in the box was how great the quality of everything is. My favorite part is actually the box itself and the mattress! The mattress is soft yet comfortable for baby and is really a great place to set the baby down to either sleep or just relax. The Baby Box Co has a variety of 5 different boxes to choose from and they all come with the custom-made baby boxes! I love that if you find something you really like in the box, you can buy extras right on their website. This wonderful company has spent countless hours pouring through all the research and vetting hundreds of products, so they know exactly what babies love and need the most.

The Classic Box includes the following:

1 x traditional Finnish-inspired baby box with a lid 

1 x fitted baby mattress

1 x waterproof cover

1 x 100% cotton sheet

1 x lovey

1 x newborn onesie

1 x swaddle blanket

1 x healthcare kit

1 x pair of socks

1 x terry cloth bib

1 x organic washcloth

1 x organic burp cloth

1 x pair of mittens

1 x newborn cap

Bonus Samples and Coupons from Sponsors!

In my personal opinion, every expecting mama needs a baby box and everything I received from The Baby Box Company has exceeded my expectations. If you're looking for a unique and thoughtful baby shower or new mom gift, this will not disappoint you! Even older siblings like them, Z was excited to jump right in and check out all the new goodies for the baby:


Connect with The Baby Box Company on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Youtube!

www.babyboxco.com

Disclosure of  Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

5 comments:

  1. So jealous. Well, I'll get there eventually. We've been trying for over a year now and nothing. I've never hated getting my monthly friend so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like great quality stuff - I love European baby things! It appears that box is sturdy enough to double as a toy box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The patterns are so fun and not the same thing you see everywhere. This would be a perfect storage for baby clothes or diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea and beautiful items. I would have been so happy to receive this also!
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)