Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snow Day Indoors! {Infant/Toddler Sensory Activity}

Today was the second day in a row we woke up to a winter wonderland outside! This is the first big snowfall of Baby Z's life and she is absolutely in awe of the snow. The only problem we have is that it hasn't stopped snowing long enough for us to go out and play in it (she doesn't like the snow blowing in her face and who could blame her?) soooo today I decided that if she couldn't go outside in the snow, I would bring the snow inside to her! I just brought out a vinyl tablecloth I got from the dollar store and some snow friendly toys and we were ready to go! Here's a couple pictures from our day





I highly recommend trying this sensory activity for your toddler or even your infant! We absolutely had a blast (while staying warm) and Baby Z learned so much about snow. We talked about what the snow felt like (cold, wet, etc), the color, how it melted in our hands, and so much more. This snowfall was just what I needed to brighten my mood. 

What winter activities do you do when its too cold or snowy to go outside??

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea, actually bringing the real snow indoors. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)