Friday, February 3, 2017

Husband's Delight Recipe

Where do some recipes get their names?! Well, Husband's Delight is the name of a recipe I've been hearing about forever so I knew I just had to try it. I've also heard it called Martha's Casserole. Well, whatever its called, it is delicious and its now one of my favorite dinners. It's like if a lasagna and stroganoff had a delicious baby, this would be that baby. Now that I've grossed you out with food baby talk, onto the recipe! This recipe is enough to probably serve 6-8 people. Since just my husband and I eat this, it usually lasts us two meals plus at least two leftover lunches for him! 



Ingredients
1-1/4 pound Ground Chuck
1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Salt
 Freshly Ground Black Pepper
8 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese (or 1 cup of cream cheese)
1/4 cup Sliced Green Onions
1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (but I use 2)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
Serve with crusty bread.

This makes a big casserole and I don't have a casserole dish so I just make it in my ceramic pie plate. The plate almost overflows but its been working for me. I was so excited to eat it that I forgot to take pictures of it sliced up on a plate so you could see the layers! Oh well, I guess I'll have to take one for the team and make another one soon so that I can take more pictures!

13 comments:

  1. I need to try this for my husband, it looks like an easy and quick dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy! I'm always looking for new and delicious recipes! Thanks! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would like this too and so would I. Can't wait to try it1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice warm comfort food! I will give it a go :) It looks like something my family would adore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and son would love to have this. Great for a cold winter'd night supper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try this also, sounds so delish, perfect for a dinner and easy to make also. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Husband's Delight Recipe sounds like a great winter dish. Who doesn't love lasagna and stroganoff? Putting the two together is a dream come true. Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great recipe for winter comfort food!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I would enjoy this casserole. I have not made one in a while!
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great recipe! I know for sure everyone will love this, great one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband would eat it but the carbs would probably do me in. Not sure if my 17 year old would eat it, she's all about presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post, thanks so much for this sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband would love this. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, I have to "review" them before they are published! :)